Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Chasing Time





Hello my lovelies!



Soo i've been MIA for quite sometime..what can I say.Sometimes life just grabs you by the collar and steamrolls you flat and during those times,god forbid you indulge in some creative thinking cause d lord knows something'll come up where you'll havta get up and deal with it ASAP. SO yea,i've been chasing time (more like trying to catch it and maybe freeze it,sigh i don't know) in never ending circles,APPARENTLY.


When I started this blog I was worried it was too soon cause mothering an infant,let alone a 11 month old results in a highly unpredictable routine.But I  figured it was about time I took things in my hands and slowed the pace a bit,yknow sit and just ponder and let them thoughts flow.Because like I said i want this blog to keep me grounded and keep me determined to self develop.


I may have been out of sight but I havent been idle for sure!I love reading and seeking knowledge and man,is there so much to read!Speaking of which,one day I hope to learn to speed read so it'll make my life a lot easier!  Been eyeing Tony Buzan's book on speed reading and hope to get my hands on it soon.



I used to be the kind of person who could finish a book in a day but lately I have been neglecting my reading because I have had to put other chores in the forefront i.e till i came across this nugget


The last time I finished 3-4 books consecutively was when I was vacationing in saudi so I am quite liking the whole 20 pg deal.managed to finish "The little coffee shop of kabul"  in 4 something days,lol I might've broken the 20 pg rule and read a lil more *guilty* but hey,its helped get my reading habit back so yaay!

Its not my normal genre but I just thought I'd try it out..if you are looking for light reading,it'll serve the purpose.There were a few bits that I personally think lacked detail and the ending was too expected and too easy but all in all,good enough read.


Another article that struck a chord with me is one related to the upbringing of children,quite timely I would say for moms trying to be good rolemodels for their children!Would be worth checking it out :)


And well,since this post has adapted a whole reading related vibe I shall leave you with one last link  listing some really good must have books on a muslimah's shelf :)

Till next time,Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment