Thursday, January 29, 2015

Gotta Love Rainy Days!



Picture this: you on your window seat cosied up under a blanket,steaming cup of hot chocolate in one hand and a book in the other.And the one thing that makes the moment complete? The pattering of rain on your window pane <3 Ah,what is it about a downpour that makes a cuppa so special?

We just got over the rainy season in Srilanka couple of weeks back and I have loved every minute of it!Growing up in Saudi Arabia I was never privileged to much rain. Oh how i used to yearn for it! And during the rare times it did rain, it wasn't very satisfying considering the lack of green and the commercial environment in general. Because what fun are raindrops when all they fall on is concrete :/ Though rain in Sri Lanka, oh my!It is such a treat!

Before i got married, my family used to visit Sri Lanka annually and whenever it rained here, I used to rush to welcome it.I can't remember the number of times I've rushed to the patio all excited! The raindrops splashing across my face, the wind blowing through my hair and the feeling that overwhelms me during that moment of solitude:Pure Bliss Alhamdulillah! And the best part, call it the 'cherry on top' if you will, is the fact that you can ask your Lord for anything,anything in the world (nothing is too big for the Most High)and it will most likely come back answered.Awesome huh! And I remember embracing the serenity that descended upon me and pouring out all that my soul desired,right there to the ONE who was merciful enough to bless my household with rain. 


Narrated Sahel Ibn Sa'ad (RA): that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: 'Two will not be rejected, Supplication when the Adhan (call of prayer) is being called, and at the time of the rain'. [Al-Hakim 2: 114, and Abu Dawud #2540, ibn Majah]

How merciful is our Lord,not only does He bless us with rain,we get the added bonus of the opportunity to have our duas answered. Subhanallah! Though sadly, these days I can't afford the luxury of sitting outside during the rain. Most often I am occupied with some mummy/wifey duty but I still make my duas, its not the same as sitting outside amidst the rain but it is worth it.

For someone who loves rain as much as I do,people who grumble about rain really get to me! Its sad how ignorant they are to all its splendour,let alone the fact that it is a sign of Allah's mercy.I mean it's one thing to not enjoy it but to sit and complain about it, not cool AT ALL.


Ibn Umar reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Never do people withhold alms from their wealth except that a portion from the sky will be withheld, and were it not for the animals it would never rain.” Source: Mu’jam Al-Kabeer 13454 Grade: Sahih (authentic)

Me thinks the next time I have someone go on and on about how inconvenient rain is,i'll qoute this hadith and encourage them to make use of it InshaAllah.

I recall once, during an intense downpour session I gave into my childish whim of going and standing outside and letting the rain wash over me. Initially I imagined it to be akin to someone dousing a huge bucket of water on me but as I stepped out, I was awestruck! It was pure amazing-ness!(yep that's a word ;P) Just drop after rhythmic drop. It was literally like the heavens had opened..such a magical moment Alhamdulillah! 

It's like the earth is gracing you with its elements, the heavier the better. And with each drop I was humbled. The fact that I was out here under the part of the sky that ''hadn't'' been withheld was a blessing in itself. I felt like I was being told I am okay..Yes, I may not be perfect or sinless but I am worthy. Worthy of this little pleasure..worthy enough to receive His mercy and blessings through rain. And there I stood, the raindrops bouncing off my skin..the wind caressing my hair..embodied in the tranquility of that moment.. I couldn't help but utter the words, Alhamdulillah wa Shukrulillah.

No comments:

Post a Comment