Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year Changes!



And its here! The new year! sigh 2014 has been quite a rollercoaster tbh.Ever feel like you need more hours in a day? Yea well  I wish we had more days in a year.With december come to an end,I can't help but feel like I haven't accomplished as much as I had set myself up for.I never really take the whole new year resolution act seriously but there is something about the coming of a new year that makes you hope for a new start.Plus with the clock ticking and having been married almost 2 years I feel like I need to up my game.

As I was thinking the whole thing over the other day it struck me that eventually it all comes down to this:

You can either stay where you are,stagnant,merely going with the motions till you're tired.Tired of all the monotony..all the what ifs and regrets of time gone unavailed.Till you sit there watching your graph of life plummet,and you fervently wish you could have done things differently.

That or you take the path to growth,change and evolution.


Because what is life if not a journey?I look at my lil one and i see how far he has come mashaAllah.You know what the whole beauty about babies are?Its their determination!They wake up and they are ready to take on the world:exploring,tinkering,falling,getting up and just trying...trying till they achieve what they hoped for
.Babies, they are high on life and hungry for more.They have this glint in their eye that never flickers or faulters.Funny thing is that was us once too you know..where along  the way did we lose the will to get up and start over?

Indeed Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves.(surah Ra'd,part of verse 11)

Do yourself a favour and just sit down for a minute..tune out the rest of ''your'' world..get out a pen and paper (yep no harm in being oldschool) and write down where you see yourself at the end of next year.Let's not look too far ahead.Keeping your goals realistic is key.And once you've got that down branch out on what you need to improve on to get there.No point seeing the end without the means right.Its that simple.

I for one feel like if there is anything I want to do,it has to be done in the morning before everyone else starts their day.And that means fitting in a workout routine and a beauty regime before baby wakes up for the day. Plus i need to learn to manage my time around my kid and try to get more household chores done when he is up as opposed to waiting till he falls asleep because by then i am tired too and just wanna relax.

Reading more..something I have already talked about in my previous post.If you would like me to share my reading material along the way do let me know!

Writing more and exercising my creativity is something that has been quite a challenge this last year  because i had so much adjusting to do so hopefully 2015 will be the year i figure things out.

Taking the time out to educate myself on clean breakfasts/lunches.

And lastly and most importantly,spiritual growth.


These are just the basics.What are your goals for the coming year?And how are you going about attaining it? I would love to hear from you all so do let me know!

Here's to keeping on moving forward!!And if there's any excuse to go backwards,let it be only so you can find what you have lost my friend.

Much love,till next time!

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment