Monday, June 15, 2015

The Sound of Dawn

Dawn
Fiery orange breaking through the black.
Purples tainted with a hint of pink.
Leaves of vivid hues of green caress the golden skies.
The smell of yesterday's rain still lingers in the air
awakening my senses all at once.
Ripples break the pond's glossy surface
with the weight of the dewdrops.
A spider suspended mid-air gracefully asleep
its web,a home for one and prison for the other.
The fluttering of the hummingbird
beckons me to capture its wings in flight,
but i dare not lest it flies away.
The sweet medley of chirping occasionally broken,
by the caw of a crow demanding attention.
The whoosh of the breeze across my face
both welcome and welcoming.
The slow steady breaths of my angel fast asleep
his innocence disarming yet comforting.
The clink of my teacup as I eavesdrop on nature's conversation.
Ah,the melody of the dawn.
As the sunlight breaks through,
so do the hopes and aspirations of a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment