Monday, September 15, 2014

8 Must-Haves When Travelling With Infants!

Ooo Emm Geee! After over a year and a half of waiting I am finally back home! I swear I am so excited i could kiss the floor!(yep,don't even think it)

You think you can come back and get back to being you but I have come to realize that that is not the case.

A year and a half is a long time and turns out the 'You' I thought i was isn't the 'You' I am now.Speaking of which,I actually for the first time EVER,paid attention to the airplane safety instructions,not to mention the tons of prayers i made before take off(gosh,was i a nervous wreck!).Travelling with a baby was a first for me.and oh,the packing....man,the number of 'JUST INCASE Scenarios' you need to come up with when packing for an infant.No easy task i tell you.And it doesn't help when some ''baby emergency'' arises n u have to unpack half the stuff you JUST packed so you can deal with said situation 15 min. before you leave.Needless to say,my nerves were all over the place!
So i thought it would help if i picked out a few things that actually helped me immensely.

STROLLER
A Must Have!!I can't stress enough on how this makes the whole airport ordeal a lot easier.Added bonus:you don't have to worry about it adding extra weight.All you have to do is drop it off with the officials before boarding.

COMPACT MILK POWDER DISPENSER:
I did own a 3 tier dispenser but i found that to be a little too bulky to add to the already stuffed baby bag. So i opted for the  innosense milk powder dispenser which was a great help because it is compact and well sectioned.3 feeds for a 5 hour flight was just right though i made it a point to pack extra powder in my hand luggage.(you can never be too sure when it comes to babies)

TOYS
My son is a boisterous little being.If he were to choose between his colourful bright toys and the AC remote..he'd dive for the AC remote.So keeping him occuppied in the flight was something i was worried about.His old toys wouldn't do and so i figured i would get him some brand new toys hoping he'd be content.Thankfully,worked like a charm!

EAR PLUGS:
Infants generally get restless during take-off and landing,earplugs make it so much easier!Or if your kid isn't happy with you stuffing some foreign object in his ear,you could always resort to a soother.

EXTRA BAGS:
Babies are at no loss when it comes to multiple ways to soil their clothes so mum better be prepared with extra bags to store dirty clothes!

EXTRA CLOTHES FOR MUM:
And like soiling their own clothes aren't enough they sometimes like to bring mom down with them so yea,extra dress set and/or abaya in your hand luggage would be good.

BREASTFEEDING COVER
For those who are conscious about feeding in public and if you haven't been lucky enough to bag a window seat,this can be a lifesaver!

CHANGE MAT
This goes without saying but be it the Baby Care Room at the airport or the diaper changing area in the aeroplane,you can't guarantee they would ace the hygiene department.(teeny cockroaches infesting the baby care room sink in my case)A change mat would definitely be a safer option.

These may not seem like much but trust me they make a whole lot of difference.Hope this helps you as much as it did me!If there's anything you want to add to,feel free to let me know in the comments below.

 Till next time then,stay safe!



No comments:

Post a Comment